OrangeWire Systems is changing the way IoT producers think about the product development lifecycle.
Our innovative Virtualization tools allow product designers to bridge the gap between architecture, design, integration, and deployment. We combine a modular, scalable xIL framework through an executable systems engineering architecture. The advantage is a continuous, consistent user experience across Model-in-the-Loop, Software-in-the-Loop, and Hardware-in-the-Loop applications.
OrangeWire was founded in 2015 by former dSPACE and National Instruments leadership in collaboration with accomplished industry experts with extensive experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), embedded systems, autonomy, vehicle architectures, and developmental tools.
In partnership with National Instruments, our products have been validated in a wide range of Automotive, Aerospace, and IoT applications by the world’s leading digital systems developers.
Jason Colbourne - Principal
- 20-year veteran of unmanned systems engineering
- Provided skilled engineering services to major aerospace companies in systems integration and testing, systems architecture, guidance navigation and control, software design, avionics architectures, business development and program management
- Led the system test and integration efforts for the landing algorithms for Northrop Grumman’s X-47B Demonstrator, an unmanned combat air system designed for carrier-based operations
- Master’s Degree, Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical/Space Engineering, California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo
- Bachelor’s Degree, Aerospace Engineering, San Diego State University
David Grosher - Principal
- Responsible for development projects focused on distributed redundant control systems in the automotive and aerospace industries
- Former CEO of Energy Innovation Consulting Corp.
- Flight Sciences Principal Investigator on R&D projects at Northrop Grumman’s Advanced Capabilities Development group within the Unmanned Systems business unit
- Experience working on the following platforms: Global Hawk, Fire Scout, Hunter, Fury, WB-57, two general aviation vehicles and additional classified vehicles
- Master’s Degree, Control Systems Engineering, University of California San Diego
- Master’s of Business Administration, Business Strategy, INSEAD (Paris, France)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering, University of California San Diego
- Certificate in Systems Engineering, CALTEC
Nick Wernicke - Principal
- Served in staff electrical engineering functions for AeroMech Engineering and Lockheed Martin
- Experienced in the development and manufacturing of custom avionics and electronic subsystems
- Expert developer of circuit boards, wiring and power systems for safety critical systems on unmanned air vehicles (UAV)
- Advocate for DFM (Design for Manufacturability)
- Proficient in manufacturing concepts and processes for electronics, sheet metal, welding and CNC
- Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo